Saturday, July 23, 2011

Alliance Fencing Camp Anticipation

During the next two weeks I'm going to be spending my time training in sunny Houston, Texas. Alliance Fencing Academy is holding a two week international training camp that will have strong United States fencers as well as international fencers in attendance. I'm so excited! This camp promises to have top notch competition and coaching.

I will be battling it out with top fencers from the US and the international community. Fencers are coming from Russia, Israel, and France just to name a few places. The camp runs from 10AM to 4PM every day of the week with a minimum of 30 competitive bouts for each fencer.

We will be training our footwork and bladework along with our fencing technique. I'm looking forward to this camp as a step towards greater fencing and experience in my journey towards becoming the best fencer I can be.

I truly believe camps are a great way to train, in any sport. Camps allow us to gain new and important experience as well as friendships. The more practice we get the better! Camps can really help to focus the mind and body towards the goal of increasing skill and determination. They bring new faces and with that, new challenges that we must overcome.

I leave tomorrow at 8:50AM for Houston and can't wait to see some old friends and meet some new ones!

Courtney Dumas

No comments:

Post a Comment